Friday, April 25, 2014

California Gurls

I am so excited!  Tomorrow we are leaving for California!  This is my celebratory vacation for my lung transplant.  Originally this trip was supposed to be a Mediterranean cruise.  We changed to California due to the timing of the cruises not working and this being a lot less expensive.  I am still so excited about this.  I have never been father west than Chicago.  Tomorrow I am going as west as you can in the US.  To top it off Erika, Kelly and I are all going to be in the same place for the first time in over two years.  The last time we were all together was the camping trip we took before my transplant!

The last couple of days have been pretty busy getting ready to leave.  Yesterday I went to a spa.  For our ten year anniversary Jason got me a gift certificate to a spa.  I didn’t use it then because I had just gotten back from NYC.  I later decided to use it for this occasion.  I got my hair cut, eyebrows waxed, a mani and a pedi.  I have never had a mani or pedi before and I really enjoyed it!  I ended up getting a gel manicure because she told me that it will last my whole vacation where a regular one might chip after five days.
 
The pedicure was a fun experience too.  I got to soak my feet in a tub and got a foot and leg massage.  It was a nice three hours where I was completely pampered and now I am looking great for Cali!
Today I took my car to get an alignment.  I have had it for three and a half years and have never had one done.  Lately I have noticed that I really have to hold on to the wheel when driving to keep it from drifting off the road.  I know that can ruin tires so I figured I would hurry up and get that done before we go.  Not that I have enough stuff to do. Tonight I am finishing up my packing and then we are off tomorrow!  Ahhhh!  I can’t wait to see Kelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment