Monday, April 14, 2014

The More We Get Together

This last week has been jammed packed with Erika and Bobby.  That is how I like it.  I started last week by playing Rock Band with them and then ended my week with Erika at the Sabres game.  Today I am alone and trying not to be sad about it so I will put my time to good use. Haha  Not that I should be too sad.  I am going to see them again for my birthday on the 17th.  I just can’t get enough of those two.  The more we get together the more I want them around.

Last Monday they both came over to my house and we decided to play Rock Band.  I have not played this game in ages.  I use to love being the singer and for obvious reasons was not able to do it anymore.  My voice is still a little scratchy but I figured what the hell?  Let’s give it a shot.  I sang five songs before my throat was too sore to continue.  That is when I switched with Erika and she sang while I did the drums.  We had a blast!  We were singing and laughing the same as we did when I first bought that game years ago.

Bobby and Erika stayed the night and the next morning Erika and I went shopping.  I needed a new bathing suit for our trip to Cali which is coming up.  I wanted Erika to help me pick one out.  I completely outgrew the one I had which I was kind of sad about.  I only got to wear this bathing suit a total of two times in the two years that I had it.  I can’t have it all thought.  I am happy that I am gaining weight, looking healthier and now I have boobs making it impossible to wear my old one!   Haha  Anyway, we found one that looked really nice on me.  I am now up from an x-small top and bottom to a medium top and small bottom.  To those of you who are jealous of those in x-small tops and bottoms…don’t be.  I am so happy to be out of them.  I looked like a twig and had nothing on me.  I am overjoyed to be up in my clothes size.

They both went home later that night.  While they were gone I decided to be productive and do another one of my projects.  I made a magnet board for my nail polishes.  I was looking for a way to display my nail polishes and found this on Pinterest.  I thought it was a cool way to display and I love how it came out.

On Thursday I was missing them both so I took a ride to go visit them. We hung around there for awhile and then of course they came back up to my place with me.  haha  When we got back up here we found out it was National Sibling Day.  So I of course had to make a shout out to that brother of mine!  I posted this picture of us on Facebook declaring my love for my little bro.  <3   

Then yesterday was the Sabres Game.  Jason is away on a business trip again so this time I took Erika.  Erika is a huge fan and was super excited when I asked her.  She is actually the one that got me into hockey.  I use to go to Sabres games with her and her family when we were younger and have been in love ever since.

All my tickets are bought from someone who had season tickets.  Whenever I go to a game I get the tickets changed to handicap accessible seats.  This time they were all sold out of the 300 level seats so they upgraded Erika and me to the 200 level.  We had seats at a table in the Harbor Club.  No matter how they played we knew we were going to enjoy this game.  The two of us were at a Sabres game together and we had these great seats.  Even when they suck Sabres games are still awesome! Plus it was the last game of the season so it was fan appreciation day.  They gave away more jerseys than I can count.  Some were even off the backs of the players.  Sadly we weren’t lucky enough to win anything.  We did however get a picture with the Geico gecko.  We went downstairs to see who was giving autographs and we saw the Geico gecko standing down there.  I am thinking that Erika thought I was crazy.  She looked at me weird when I was excited to see him and wanted a picture. I don’t care.  I love that little guy.  At home I have a Geico gecko figurine on my book shelf and I have a t-shirt I sleep in. lol And you have to admit his commercials are awesome.  

After all that excitement we went back up to our seats for the second period.  To our surprise the game itself was not horrible. They actually played this one.  It looked like they were trying and weren’t doing all that bad.  I think we found our new favorite players too.  Erika likes John Scott #32.  She loves Rob Ray still to this day so the fact that this guy was a fighter and wearing his number, she was sold.  My favorites are looking like Torrey Mitchell #17 and Conner Knapp #49.  Mitchell is a forward and seems to be pretty good.  Plus he is wearing 17 so he has that going for him too.  Knapp was the goalie and I have a place in my heart for goalies.  He is looking like he has potential.  He blocked quite a few difficult shots.  Yeah he did let an easy one in but I can’t hold that against him.  One he is new and two even Miller does that once in awhile.  

It turned out to be a good game to go to.  It went to a shoot out and I love those.  It didn’t quite feel the same without my Miller there, but I still love the excitement of a shoot out.  It leaves me on edge with every shot until it is over.  Sadly we ended up losing the shoot out.  This resulted in yet another loss for the Sabres.  Go figure.  What’s one more?  It really doesn’t matter at this point and we weren’t there for the win.  We just went for a good time and it definitely was!

No comments:

Post a Comment