Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Accentuate the Positive

I am in such a great mood.  I am exhausted from my busy day, but still feeling awesome.  My doctor’s appointment went great!  I got to see Paris and take a picture with him.  After the appointment Wings Flight stopped in Philadelphia to pick up another patient.  I have never flown into Philly so that was a sight.  When we got home after our long day Dad and I stopped at Taco Bell for a fast dinner and we met a really nice worker there.  Besides all of this the last few days have been really good so I am just ecstatic!

 There are so many projects that I have started and have put off over the years.  I am so busy with everything that I am able to do I haven't gotten the time to do any of them  let alone choose which one to do. Wednesday I picked one of my projects and did it.  Back in 2009 Jason, Erika and I went on a road trip. We stopped at Virginia Beach, and two beaches
in Florida, Sarasota Beach and Venice Beach.  At each beach I took a little bit sand.  I wanted to make bottles out of them.  I made myself three tiny bottles for my bathroom.  It is nothing complicated just one more project that I finally did.  I also had a perfect sand dollar that Jason found in Virginia.  On our way home a small piece broke off of it and then that little piece broke into a few smaller pieces.  I kept all the pieces and told Jason I would put it back together as if it were never broken.  Well after five years I finally did it.  I didn't lose any of the small pieces and luckily I love puzzles because I got it back together and you can't even tell it broke.  I made a separate glass jar with some shells and sand to display that.

Thursday I went up to a twelve pound ball for balancing in PT.  I keep getting stronger and stronger and it feels great.  After PT I got my car washed, picked up meds, picked up some dry cleaning for Jason and got more contacts for myself.  On Friday I went shopping with Gram and we went to Kohl’s, out to lunch, BJ’s, JCPenney, Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree and Wegmans.  It still amazes me when I do that many things back to back.  It wasn’t long ago when I could only do one thing in a day and be exhausted for days.  

That is not the case anymore.  Instead after all that I was back at on Monday.  I did PT again, got a car wash, went to Kohl’s and then went to Target.  I have a cute side story here.  After I went into Target I was coming out with all of my stuff.  I was in my wheelchair and pushing out the cart.  A young woman came up to me and asked if she could help me to my car.  I told her I was fine, but she insisted that she wanted to help.  So I let her push it and showed her where my car was.  While we were going to my car she is talking to  me and telling me it is her day off and she is just running around trying to find things to fill her day.  We get to my car, I thank her and she said let me put them in for you.  Again I tell her I was OK and could do it, but again she insisted.  She put everything in the back of my car asked if there was anything else she could do and then headed off to her car.  I am an independent person and normally do things on my own, but I honestly did not mind.  She really wanted to help and I could see that.  Some people get annoyed and mad when others insist on helping them.  I think that is a horrible reason to get mad and be rude to someone.  The things people bitch about astonish me.  So yes I didn’t need it, but I appreciated it completely.   I am sure it made her day to be able to help someone and she made my day by being a compassionate person.

Today was another follow up appointment to NYC.  We left around 9:30 in the morning.  When we got to the hospital the first thing we did was say hi to Paris and then we went for an x-ray, which took FOREVER!!  After I was finally seen, (the imaging itself took less than five minutes) we skipped PFT’s and went right upstairs because we were late for my appointment.  They saw me right away.  There was nothing much to go over so it was a quick in and out.  I would only have to come back if my PFT’s turned out to be bad.  I am feeling great so I knew that wouldn’t be an issue. 

We went down for PFT’s and I was right.  My FEV1 is now up to 93 which is a new high for me!  

On our way out of the hospital we made a stop to say goodbye to Paris.  I also wanted to take a picture with him.  I love this guy!  Then we got in the car and headed back to Teterboro.  


Our flight back home was a not a "direct flight".  Taking this quote from Joe. We had o make a stop in Philadelphia to pick up another patient and his daughter.  I of course did not mind one bit, plus I was a little excited to fly into Philadelphia.  I like the different cities' skylines.  

We waited there for about an hour and then headed back to Buffalo.  There was five of us in the plane so Joe put me in the front with him.  It was fun.  I have never been in the front of the Malibu before.  

When we got into Buffalo Dad and I were hungry so we stopped at Taco Bell for something quick.  When we went inside we were greeted by this guy who was so nice.  He opened the door for us, talked to us about the weather and our day.  He was just a joy to be around.  Before we left I asked the manager what his name was.  Her face dropped and she asked, “Why did he do something?”  I explained to her that yes he did, but nothing bad.  He was exceptional and I wanted to do a survey for him because of that.  She was delighted.  She said he was a hard worker and very good with people, but most people only ask for names when there is something negative.  I told her I knew what she meant and that is why I wanted to do it even more.  People tend to focus on the negative.  They don’t think twice about bringing something up if they feel wronged, but someone goes out of their way to make their day happy and it is normally disregarded.  Those extra little things that people do should go noticed too.  I do surveys when something really good or really bad happens.  If you have me talking about my experience to another person than it should be brought up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment