Monday, April 21, 2014

28 Candles

This has been a great last few days.  My birthday was the 17th and we have been doing something fun every day since.  Easter has fallen close to my birthday this year so between the two we have had quite a few festivities and family get-togethers.

 On my birthday Jay and I met friends and family at Wing City for trivia night.  We met my dad, Bobby, Erika, Jay’s cousins Mackenzie and Collin and Collin’s girlfriend.  Our team was called the Elite Eight and elite we were!  We ended up cleaning house.  We won both beer questions and won first place overall.  The beer questions are at the end of round one and two.  It is a question where you have to guess the answer and the closet guess wins.  For example the first question was, “How much was the average cost of a concert ticket in 2012?”  We guessed $88 and the answer was $86!  The host of the game even asked us if we were cheating by using our phones!  We most definitely were not!  Not one of us used our cell phones.  We were good with the trivia and got lucky with the beer questions.

Once trivia was over a few of us went downtown to a bar for a little while.  I had one birthday shot and then played some beer pong with water.  We played boys vs. girls beer pong.  Us girls won and then played one more against another team. They ended up winning by one cup.  After that we headed back home.

On Saturday Jason, Erika, Bobby and I went to a winery for an Easter Egg Hunt.  We did this last year on Erika’s birthday and we really enjoyed it so we decided to do again.  This time Bobby is over 21 so he could join us.  I didn’t participate this year because these people are brutal when it comes to getting the eggs.  I don’t stand a chance getting any so I watch everyone else run around like crazy collecting them.  I just helped open the loot at the end.  Haha  Between the three of them they did a really good job.  They got over 150 eggs including that huge green one that Erika got.  She was determined to get a big one this because last year she lost out on one by the length of a hand.  Inside that big one was the white bunny and the bottle of wine.  Besides that Jason got a free bottle of wine, three free wine tastings and two wine glasses.  Not only did we come out with a lot of stuff we had a good time doing it.

After the egg hunt they held a lunch.  After lunch and quite a few bottles of wine, I drove everyone over to Gram and Papa’s house.  We were doing Easter that night instead of coming back Sunday morning.  Bobby, Jason and Erika were pretty drunk so it was an interesting Easter dinner.  For dinner there was another bottle of wine to drink. LOL  My mom obviously could not be there because she is still in the home.  So we had Skype on the computer and we are all able to eat together. After dinner we all went over to the home to have birthday cake.

When I got there they had a sign for me hanging in her room that said Happy Birthday.  There was a carrot cake with a little carrot on it.  I had already told my grandma and everyone else that I was dead set on there being 28 candles on my cake.  I wanted to blow every single one of them out.  And I did


I could not believe how easy that was.  Last year I had nine candles, 2 + 7.  Blowing those out were a lot of work.  This year I took a huge breath and blew and couldn’t believe that they were all out before my breath was gone.  I could have done more!  That feeling was indescribable.  I don’t know if there are any words in the dictionary to describe how great of a feeling it was.

Sunday was Easter and we went down to Jason’s grandma’s house for dinner.  It was nice to be able to do Easter with my family yesterday and then his on Sunday.  Doing it this way is less running around for us and gives us more time with each family instead of having to run from one to the other.
This energy I have to be able to go place after place is never going to get old.  All the things I have done in just the last few days are more than I could have done in two weeks before my transplant.  I completely love this and being crazy busy is not going to get old.

No comments:

Post a Comment