Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Man, I Wanna be Productive

I came home Friday and was on antibiotics until today.  My doctors wanted me to do a full two weeks of antibiotics.  I would have just finished it at the hospital, but I really wanted to be home for Jason's birthday.  He took a half day for his birthday so he picked me up and we went to Family Video.  We rented Men in Black and Men in Black II.  The third one came on his birthday and we wanted to go and see it after re-watching the first two.

While I was in the hospital I got quite a bit done.  Besides working on my blog, wasting time on Facebook, reading, and organizing my finances...I got some transplant things taken care of.  I got the call while I was in the hospital that I am now on the active calling list.  This means that I can get the call any day at any time.  I was told that I am the only AB+ blood type with my body size listed at the center.  When those specific lungs come in they are mine.  I had to get an updated PPD (I needed it for volunteering at Roswell too, two birds one stone) and I had to work on setting up the flight to NYC.  I called Angel Flight and Wings Flight of Hope.  These are both organizations that have pilots that use their own planes to fly people for things like this.  I need to get to the hospital in NYC in about 4 hours.  Driving there takes around 7 hours.  I did the intake with Angel Flight over the phone.  I was told that they are going to get a hold of the doctors to get the needed information from them and then get back to me.  Wings Flight of Hope sent me a bunch of paper work to my email for me and the doctor to sign.  It was pretty easy to get all of that done since I was in the hospital and seeing my doctors every day.  Now I am just waiting to hear back from them.

During this admission I got a Sabres build a bear.  Isn't he adorable!  A group of children came and donated a bunch of them to the hospital.  I got the Sabres bear because they knew I loved the Sabres.  I found out that I missed three Sabres players by one day and I was so upset about this.  I told the head of Child Life that if they were to ever come when I was here to wake me up no matter what.  Haha  She ended up giving me some things that were signed by them and obviously passed on my love for the Sabres to this group.  Ah, I just love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment