Sunday, July 20, 2014

What's New, Pussycat?

Well the last few days have been jammed packed with stuff which has become my new normal it seems.  I love it.  There is always something going on or I am doing something.  Even if it is menial like going shopping for groceries I still get excited about all that I did that day or week.  This week however has been a little more exciting than the typical busy weeks I have been having.  One highlight is we found a kitten!

Last weekend we spent most of our time four wheeling.  Jay and I went up to his grandma’s house and we went out with his cousin and his cousin’s girlfriend.  We had a blast.  Slight scare when we got stuck in this water hole thing and we were sinking, but we got out alright and laughed about it later.  It made the night a little more excited and fun to talk about. Lol  The next day Jay brought the four wheeler up to our place and we explored some the trails up here. 

After that fun weekend we settled back into our weekly routine.  Last night I was talking to my brother and I went into the kitchen to throw something away.  I saw my cat Lindy looking outside at something so I asked him, “What do you see?”  I looked over in the direction he was staring at and saw a little black kitten.  I called Jason down and we checked around to see if it had a mom and siblings or if it was alone.  We found out it was alone so Jason ran outside to try and catch it.  That didn’t happen because he was a fast little guy.  So we ended rigged up a box, put a can underneath one side which was tied to a string and put some chicken under it.  We went back to the living room with the string and when we came back Jason pulled it and he was trapped inside.  We brought him inside and OMG he is smaller than we thought.  Right now we have him in our bathroom with a little cat box to go in, some food and water, and a litter box.   We are pretty sure it is a boy.  We will find out for sure tomorrow when I take him to the vet to get looked over.  Make sure he is not sick with anything.  Especially something that can be transmitted to Lindy.  If he has a clean bill of health I think we are going to try and keep him.  We have been talking about it for awhile and never really made the move.  We are not sure how Lindy will go for it.  I think it would be great for him since he is so sociable and really misses us when we are not home.  At the same time however he loves his solitary time.  First things first though.  We have to make sure he doesn’t have anything that will make Lindy sick because he is our number one priority at this time.  After the appointment we will know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment