Saturday, November 8, 2014

Heigh Ho


I got a job!!  This is me outside of GEICO after I got the official news that I got a position as a Licensed Service Agent.  It was a  grueling week with two interviews and a few tests, but I got it.  Because of scheduling I wasn't able to do each part in one day.  I had to come back three days in a row to complete everything which was making me nervous.  I have to come back for a drug test tomorrow before it is technically official, but I know I will pass that one.  Jason kept telling me I had this and he was right!

So I have wanted to get a job for awhile.  Jason and I have been talking and I feel like I am healthy enough and ready to start a career.  I am 28 years old and have never had a full time job.   I have never had that option.  I was in school and then too sick to continue what I was doing.  Now that I can do it I am excited!  This won’t be a part time job just to make some money.  This will be my career.  This is not what I went to school for and I am ok with that.  I know too much time has passed for me to get back into research.  This job will suit me because I am very friendly and I think taking phone calls and helping people will be exciting.  I won't be in direct contact with people so it will be good infection control wise.  This job comes with great health insurance, dental insurance, 401K, option to take classes to move up in the business plus some.  

The 401K really has me excited.  I have never considered being around to need, let alone enjoy a retirement.  I thought about a 401back when I was working part time for Baum.  Thought about leaving some money to someone, but Social Security would have been taken away from me once I hit a certain amount so that was not an option.  Now that I had this transplant I see a possibility of me living long enough to enjoy something like retirement.  I obviously have to start this job before I start thinking about that though.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment