Thursday, July 3, 2014

No Time to Waste

The last two weeks have been a little rough on me.  My stomach issues have gotten worse and my transplant doctors have told me to talk to a GI doctor to figure out why.  Instead of getting a new doctor I called my CF doctor and went over things with her.  I am figuring it is CF related and of all people she will be able to steer me in the right direction.

I called her this morning and told her everything that is going on.  I had mentioned to her some of my problems during my last appointment and told her how things have gotten worse.  Talking back and forth we have come to the idea that I might have a partial bowel blockage.  She wants me to drink an entire thing of Miralax (about 200 grams) with 32 oz of Gatorade.  I am totally OK with this because I am willing to do whatever it takes to feel normal.  I have been getting such bad stomach aches that I had to skip PT this week.  I can’t expect to be able to do exercises when all I can do is curl in ball on the couch.  I will find a position to make the pain go away and not move out of fear it will come back.  I remember days of sitting on the couch for hours on end and I am over that.

I have started the Miralax concoction and it is already starting to work its magic so to speak.  I am determined to feel better. This weekend is jammed pack with festivities.  The fourth is tomorrow, Jason’s dad is having a pig roast on the fifth and my one year lungaversary is the sixth.  There is no time for being sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment