Wednesday, May 21, 2014

SexyBack

Things are going really good with me when it comes to PT and massage.  Every week I am making more progress.  It is amazing how far I have come in this small amount of time.  I am breaking a sweat when I work out at PT and I love it.

In the beginning of March I mentioned how we started throwing the 5 pound ball at the trampoline using the tilt board tilting front to back.  Well in April we were using the tilt board with the tilt going front to back and then turning it to tilt side to side.  I throw the ball fifteen times in each position.  This increases the repetitions of throwing the ball from forty-five times up to sixty times.  By mid April I was up to a 9 pound ball and now I am up to 12 pound ball.    I am really happy with all the progress I am making.  Now if I can start working my abs I think I will be looking pretty good.

 My massage therapist always mentions how much I have improved since I started seeing him back in November 2012.  He talks about the obvious improvement since my transplant and then tells me about the progression I have made from the transplant until now.  For instance, he was telling me about the muscles that are right under my scapula.  Before the transplant there was not much he could do with them at all.  They were so tight and bunched up under my scapula from the way I would breath.  Before transplant he was able to rub this area, but that was all.  After my transplant he was able to work on them little by little.    Now he can take his finger and go two knuckles deep under my scapula.  Also he said I am one of his most flexible clients when it comes to my arms and shoulders.  Before my transplant he could barely move my shoulders around because of how tight they were.  Lung disease takes a toll on those muscles.

While I am talking about health matters I also wanted to mention the oil pulling.  I had mentioned to a friend of mine about it and how it has helped me.  She was skeptical and said it could all be happening due to the fact that I am healing from transplant and all this was going to happen anyway.  I really didn’t think so because the things it was helping with were all over the board.  It was helping with clearing up my sinuses and allowing me to smell, the sensitivity in my teeth was getting better, and it was clearing up the red in my face.  She suggested that I stop doing it and see what happens.  The researcher in me had already considered this.  I was skeptical to do it though because I didn’t want to lose anything I gained.  Well when I went to LA I decided to stop doing it instead of packing coconut oil in my suitcase.  After about ten days my teeth started getting sensitive again.  After two and a half weeks I didn’t smell things anymore and now my face is red again.  I am going to start the oil pulling again and see if all this goes away.  I think I already have my answer to due to the fact it all came back when I stopped, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment