Sunday, September 29, 2013

One Day

Wow what a crazy two days.  Not crazy in that a lot happened, but crazy in the up and downs.  I know that living with transplanted lungs I have to be more precautious and diligent about getting sick and such, but when it happens it is like everything else stops.  The only thing on the mind is what do I have and how do we get rid of it now.

When I woke up Saturday I rolled over and I coughed.  I then sat up and had another cough and it lingered almost like a choking cough.  I did not like this at all.  I also did not like the fact that I felt congested.  There was a slight pain in my chest and I could feel the congestion in there.  I went downstairs and made myself some cereal for breakfast and checked my sugar.  The cereal didn’t taste right to me so I ended up dumping most of it.  I then took all my meds for the morning and laid back and watched a little TV because I felt very tired.  After about an hour I checked all my vitals.  This is when I saw that my spirometry was down to 210 from my 310.  I also had a fever of 99.6.  This made me nervous especially because I was already on an antibiotic, I shouldn’t be getting worse.  I was mad too because of all times to get sick my body likes to pull things on the weekend.  Why is that?  I decided to wait a half hour more to see if the fever got higher.  Well it did.. it was 100 the next time I checked it.  I then called the on call doctor and to my luck, my doctor was on call.  She called me back shortly after and we discussed everything that was going on.  She changed my antibiotic from Augmentin to Levaquin.  She also told me she wanted me to come in on Tuesday.  Right away I told her the problem there with no flights available on Tuesday and Jason was flying to Florida for work.  She told me to try and get in any other day then.  She is at the hospital every day but Monday so I would be able to come in and see her.  I told Jason everything she said and we decided we would figure it out as it went.  

I took it easy the rest of the day.  I didn’t have much of an appetite at all.  All I ate was a few bites of cereal and half of a Digorno’s pizza.  I didn’t do much besides lie on my couch and watch a bunch of movies on TV.  I watched A Dolphin Tale, Shrek, and Ice Age: The Meltdown.  Lindy watched parts of Shrek and Ice Age with me.  He jumped up on the couch and just laid with me.  I love when he does that.  He is not a very cuddly kitty, he cuddles on his own terms.  So when he does it, it makes it that more special.  Plus who doesn’t love cuddling with something soft when they don’t feel good? 

Later that night Jason and I went upstairs.  We decided to watch one of our shows on DVR before we went to sleep.  Before we started it I noticed that my mouth was watering like it does if I am going to throw up.  Jason put the garbage by me and I ate a few chips to see if that would settle it.  It did and we started our show, fifteen minutes later I sat up and he asked me what was wrong.  I had that same feeling back.  My mouth was watering and I felt nauseous.  I grabbed the garbage and threw up.  After I did that I felt so much better.  I laid back down finished the show and then went to bed.

Today when I got up I felt fine.  The congestion was gone, all my vitals are back to normal and my energy is back to where it was.  Jay talked about going and visiting family so I decided I would hang out with Gram and Papa for a few hours and then have her drop me off at his grandparents after.  I went out to eat with Grandma and Papa and my appetite was back.  I had mozzarella sticks, one chicken wing, a Reuben and some French fries.  Papa said my stomach was bigger than his. Haha  After that Gram took me to Jay’s grandparents to visit for a little while.  I was walking around the house and I couldn’t believe how easily I was doing it!  I really notice a difference.  I still have a lot more to go, but even the slightest change gets me all excited.  About being sick on Saturday…  I am crossing my fingers that whatever that was, it was a one day thing.  I am going to call my doctor first thing in the morning tomorrow and let her know how I am feeling and hopefully be able to go to the doctors on the eighth like originally scheduled.  We will see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment