Friday, September 6, 2013

Ho Hey

These last two days have been great!  It feels like things keep getting better.  I continue to get stronger and I am able to do more and more.  Right now I can't keep the smile off of my face because I am loving life so much right now.  I am enjoying everything I am doing and taking it all in.  It has been a while since I have been this happy.  So I will start with yesterday.

Yesterday I was kind of sad and still bumming about the heart.
Jason told me it was no big deal and he wasn’t upset with me or anything.  I knew this, but like I said before it had sentimental value for me.  I got a phone call from my coordinator at NYP and she told me that the bronch results came back clean.  No signs of rejection and nothing has grown as of yet.  She said she would call me in the next couple of days if something grew.  This cheered me up.  I told Jason and then called Erika.  After I got off the phone with her I went over to the pantry to get out some food.  I put my hand down on part of my wheelchair and it felt really weird to me so I looked down.  I was confused for a second to what I was looking at and then realized…it was my heart!!  It must have gotten down in there
and then when I pulled my keys up it pulled right off.  I was so excited.  I called Jason down and showed him and then called Erika to tell her about it too.  I immediately went and found a more secure keychain to put on and put it back on my keys.  I wasn’t going to take a chance with the crappy chain I was using.

Today was awesome because I was able to go four-wheeling with Jason for the first time this year.  Before transplant I couldn’t go because I rarely had the energy and if I did, it isn’t very suitable to take oxygen on a four-wheeler.  It was hard for me because this was something we use to do together all the time back at his dad’s house.  Shortly after I got home from the hospital Jason brought the four-wheeler up to our place.  He has been riding around and checking out the trails around us.  I have wanted to go with him since he brought it up, but haven’t been able to due to the staples.  That is a big reason why I wanted the staples out so bad.  My doctor gave me the OK to ride as long as I was being safe on it.  

As much as I wanted to, we weren’t able to go out right away.  Things kept coming up and then there were some days with rain.  Finally, today everything lined up for us.  We got on headed out.  He was showing me some of the trails he has discovered over the last few weeks.  He took me through the woods, showed me how to get to the gas station, rode along the thruway and showed me a few others neat stops.  It was so incredible to be able to be doing that again.  I missed it so much and the feeling was breathtaking.  I didn’t realize how amazing it was actually going to feel.  I had my arms wrapped around Jason as we flew down the trials.  The wind was in my face and blowing my hair.  It brought back so many good memories and got me excited about making more.  While we were riding around we saw so many deer.  They were all over the place along with other wildlife including a bunny and a kitten.  The kitten was definitely feral because he hissed at us and ran away when Jason went over to it.

We rode around until it started to get dark and then decided to come back home and have dinner.  When I got off the four-wheeler I was a little sore.  It was a good sore though.  My legs got a really good stretch.  Also the upper body moves a lot to stay balanced on the four-wheeler.  It felt like I was taking deeper breaths.  It makes sense.  All that moving around is moving muscles that I have been babying.  Nothing I have done purposely, but when something is sore you tend to move it less.  All of this is getting me excited for more.  It feels great to be moving around and doing things.  I have been sitting around for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment