Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Cabin in the Woods

Camping was a lot of fun.  We all had a good time and needed to get away for awhile to unwind.  It was so nice to be able to catch up with my two best friends.  With the two of them going to school in different areas and me being sick, we don’t get too many opportunities where we are all able to do something together.  We didn't need to go anywhere too fancy.  All I wanted was to spend time with my three favorite people.

We were there from Saturday until Tuesday.  The cabin was pretty nice.  In the first room there was a full sized bed and a table in one section and then the kitchen was off in another section.  There was a second bedroom with two bunk beds and then across from that was the bathroom.  Outside we had a picnic table and a place for a bonfire.  That is one of the best parts of camping...sitting around the camp fire and roasting marshmallows.
I picked this one for a few reasons:
1. We wanted a park that was close to NYC in case I got the call
2. We had cell reception.  Which is needed to get that call
3.  It allowed pets because Erika and Kelly wanted to bring their two labs
4.  It has a beach    
The last one turned out to be a disappointment.  There was no beach.  This one claimed to have one, even the pamphlets said it had a beach.  Well when we actually went to this said beach we found out they were stretching the truth quite a bit.… There was a place to go swimming, but it was not a beach by any means.  It was more like a swimming hole.  I was pretty disappointed about that, but we made the best of what was there.  We went further down along the water to allow Jason to fish and for the dogs to go swimming.  Erika and Kelly brought their two black labs with them.  They loved it out there.  It was obvious they didn't care if it was a beach or not.  They were going crazy.

Everything turned out good.  The weather forecast was calling for rain on two of days, but we didn't get any rain while we were there.  Mother Nature was nice to us.  It was comfortable weather where it was not hot or humid.  Things went smoothly for the most part.  There was of course one incident with my vest.  It wouldn't be a vacation if something didn't go wrong.  Lol  On Sunday morning I went to do my vest and an error code came up and it would not work.  We had to revert to Jason giving me chest PT twice a day instead.  We are use to things not going perfect.  With my life you have to be.  Rather have the vest break on me then the portable oxygen concentrator.

Throughout the weekend we had bonfires, went fishing, took the dogs for walks on the trials, and played some games.  We played things like Disney Trivia, Mad Gab and WTF.  The last game listed, WTF, that one is a riot.  The name is so fitting. haha  For that one we were including my brother by texting him questions.  I love technology.  He couldn't be there with us physically, but we were still able to play with him a little bit.
Although I did have a lot of fun, this vacation made me want my transplant that much more.  I had to take it easy.  When I am with those two there is A LOT of laughing involved.  Sitting around the fire we were having such a good time talking about old times, making jokes, laughing really hard, and singing along to the music.  It sucked that every time I laughed I went into a coughing fit and when I would sing I would lose my breath.  I love singing.  I can't wait until I am able to just laugh again.  Also be able to act a little crazy, sing along to the songs on the radio...   It is the simple things I miss...

All this week I have been feeling a little off.  I don’t know if it was because of the camping or if I picked something up.  My throat has been a little scratchy and I have been very tired.  Yesterday and today I let myself sleep in and I am starting to feel a little better, but not great.  I didn't bounce back this time like I did after the last admittance.  I am not complaining though, because the coughing is bearable and for the most part I am able to breathe.  One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment