Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Two is Better than One

Today marks Jason's and my 9th year anniversary.  It is crazy how time flies.  We have been through a lot.  These last couple of years have been challenging.  With me getting so sick life is not easy.  This is not something that people in their twenties should be worried about, but he is right here standing by my side.  Not only is he here to help me with things I can't do right now, he is also there to support me through all this.  He not only involves himself with my medical stuff, he knows everything about it.  He goes to the doctors' with me, he knows all their names, what they do, what meds I am on, what the meds do and how they work.  He is also on top of the drugs that are still in the research pipeline.  If there is something I am not sure of I just have to ask him.  He is my rock and the reason I wake up and fight every day.

Aug 2003
Aug 2004
We met in July 2003 at the Chautauqua County Fair and started dating August 8th.  We moved to Buffalo, NY in 2005 to go to school.  We then moved to Tonawanda, NY in 2008, and then Blasdell, NY in 2011 where we still live.  For awhile we were just like any other young couple going to college and working on making something of ourselves.  Yes I did have CF, but it didn't really affect our lives.  I considered myself lucky with a mild case of CF.  The first time I was hospitalized was 2005.  I just needed a quick tune up and I was fine until 2007.  Then I started going in more regularly.  It took us awhile to think about this, but we think one possible cause of the health problems was underneath our rugs.  There was no flooring, just a damp, cement foundation that was cracked in multiple places.  This is bad because it was a perfect place for mold to grow.  That is when we decided to move, but once I started deteriorating, I didn't stop.  So now we are here.  Every day I hate the burden I put on him and my family, but we just keep looking to the future.  Thankfully I found a man who truly loves me and will stick with me no matter how hard things get.

Just like any other couple, he drives me nuts with the typical annoying guy stuff.  Ladies you know what I mean. lol Sometimes he will purposely do things that he knows I hate just to get me going.  When he goes away for one night on business, I miss EVERYTHING, even those stupid little things he does to annoy me.  I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.  Life would be boring without him.  Sometimes I just stare at him thinking how lucky I got.  Of all the guys I found him and of all the girls he chose me.  I honestly can't wait for my lungs, so we can continue our lives together.  We have so many plans for the future and I just want to start on them as soon as possible.  The best part of these future plans is that we are going to be doing it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment