Monday, August 20, 2012

We are Family

Today was a very enjoyable day!  I went over to my Aunt's house to help with some baskets for the benefit. I thought only a couple of us where going over there, but when I got there it was a full house!  A bunch of my extended cousins were over there too.  There was me, five other adults, three teenagers, and four little ones.  I was surprised, but happy to see everyone.  Some of them I hadn't seen in years.  Of the four little ones, two of them I had not met yet.  So it was really nice to see everyone.  I am finding that this is my favorite part of the benefit.  I am seeing and hearing from people I haven't talked to in years.

After lunch the adults went into the basement to do the baskets while the teenagers watched the little ones.  I thought we were going to do about four or five, but when I got downstairs I couldn't believe the stuff that was there.  At the end of the day we had twenty baskets!! After everyone left I stayed and hung out with Aunt Barb for a little while.  Breathing wise I did pretty good until I was about to go home.  I was about to leave around six, but a fever came on and I could not breath and started shivering.  I took some Motrin and just waited for it to kick in before I could drive home.  Aunt Barb offered to drive me home and have Jason bring her back, but I said no.  I only live about eight minutes away and I knew once the meds kicked in I would be fine. Everyone else had left so sitting there with her was giving us more time to talk and catch up.  After about a half an hour I was alright.  I finally was OK enough to drive home.  When I got there I did all of my treatments to feel a little better.  It was a bit of a battle to calm my lungs down, but it was worth being able to spend the day with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment