Sunday, November 15, 2015

Too Drunk to Dream

Drinking until you are fall over drunk:  I don’t get it.  My doctors don’t want me drinking because of the meds I am on and I honestly could care less.  I never liked to drink.  I can’t stand the feeling it gave me when I started to get buzzed.  I would feel “good” for a few minutes and then want to go to sleep.  I can’t stand it when a room feels like it is spinning or if I can’t see straight.  When I drink the second I would feel anything close to it I had to stop.  Some people would give me shit for it.  Why aren’t you drinking?  Being drunk is an awesome feeling.  You are such a fun sucker.  The last one would piss me off so bad it would ruin the night for everyone.  What the hell?  You so do not have to get drunk to have a good time.  I can even get along pretty well with drunk people…to a point obviously.

 That is all besides the point I am getting to here.  The thing is I honestly don’t understand it.  People go out and get drunk to the point that they are unresponsive and then spend the next day paying the price.  They say they are doing it to have fun but most of the time when you get that drunk you don’t remember it anyway!  That is fun?  I like to remember the things I do and the experiences I have.  Isn’t that the point?  And continuing on that issue I mentioned of paying the price the next day.  There have been so many occasions where I have gone out to the bar with people just to have the whole next day ruined.  We would have plans to do something fun, but they would be cancelled because everyone else is sleeping off the alcohol and feeling too shitty to go and do anything.  I get the short end of the stick because I end up sitting in another room on my computer (what I am doing right now) upset because I know the things we were going to do are now off the table while everyone else sleeps.  When it is just a random night, whatever I let it go.  It is another story when we are on a vacation though.  I can now name three instances in the last six months were vacation plans I was looking forward to got cancelled because of drinking the night before.  It is so frustrating.  How many times are you going to be at these specific places?  Then when you look back at the vacation you say oh yeah this is what we did: we went out to bar and then next day we stayed in the hotel.  Yeah exciting right?  There are bars everywhere.  And if you really want to go in one and have a few fine.   Does drinking pass the point of intoxication really make it fun?  If I missing something please explain because all I see is this.  Yeah people can be hilarious and fun when they are drunk, but when they get to the point where they are not going to remember it the next day what is the point?  I guess no matter what anyone tells me this is going to be my opinion on the matter.  I am all about going out to bars and having a good time, but I will never understand it when people say “Yeah I am totally getting wasted tonight!!”   

No comments:

Post a Comment