Saturday, March 22, 2014

The End of All Things

We have been talking about death with my great grandma passing the last few days.  Ironically on Facebook Jason saw an article about being buried in a biodegradable urn with a tree seed.  We have both talked about what we wanted done with our bodies after we died and both have decided on cremation.  This added idea of being put down with a tree really interests us.  The seed will use the nutrients from the ashes to grow and become a tree.  Like I said I knew I wanted to be cremated, but never had a set decision on where I wanted my ashes.  I thought maybe an ocean so something due my love of it.  This though is neat because there is something for people to go back and visit.  I know it wouldn’t last forever, but it is a neat concept on continuing on a little longer and giving life to something else.  I would have my very own tree and part of it would be me.  Here is the link if you want to look into it.  It says you can pick whichever tree you want too.  I wouldn’t have to think too hard on that one.  I would definitely want to be a willow.  I love those trees.

Besides the sad topic of death…there are a few things I want to mention about what has been going on.  During my last massage we started working more on my legs.  My back is in great condition.  Now that I am not coughing and constantly making all those muscles tight, my massage therapist has been able to get all the knots out of my back and ribs.  He is now spending more time on my legs to help with the exercises and stretching I am doing in PT.  It is nice to be able to be able to move away from my back and focus on other parts of my body.

As for my healing, I am getting more of my voice back.  I am using the song “Timber” as a control and I can now do the chorus and the “woooah” part.  Well most of the time.  Lol  Sometimes my voice still cracks a little. Hey I wasn’t able to do it all a few days ago.

I am also noticing more feeling coming back in my boobs.  It is really funny though because if I close my eyes and touch the center of my sternum I feel a little sensation underneath my right breast.  It seems like some wires may have gotten crossed there.   Haha It doesn’t bother me at all.  It is actually kind of interesting to me.  I was never really upset about losing feeling in my breasts.  If it didn’t come back I was OK with that.  I am however very happy that it is.

One last thing to mention is the oil pulling I started two weeks ago.  My teeth are becoming less sensitive.  I can eat cereal with cold milk more comfortably.  My face is clearer and less red.  I am also noticing scents around me.  Although it is not really strong enough to identify I am excited to saw I can pick up on some scents!  I am hoping it continues to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment