Monday, February 3, 2014

Things Work Out


Our February started with a broken freezer.  We heard the freezer making noises the night before.  The frost inside of it wasn’t bad, but we figured it might be time to thaw it.  We decided we were going to empty it out and thaw it the next morning.  It would be a Saturday so we had the time and I wanted to get it done before Jason had to leave for Florida.  The next morning when I got up I noticed it was no longer working at all.  I opened the freezer and the food was starting to thaw.   I called up to Jay and immediately we went into action to try and save as much of it as we could.

It had been subzero temperatures outside the last few weeks.  All this week it had been below freezing and Tuesday was 7 degrees!  That day however it was 40!  Of course it would be.  We put as much food as we could in our little freezer and the rest of it Jason buried in the snow.  Right away I got on the computer and stating looking to see who had a freezer.  Everyone had nice freezers we just had to find a store that had what we were looking for in stock.  We couldn’t wait three days for something to be delivered.  Luckily we found one we liked at Lowes.  While looking at the model we picked out we saw another one.  Same kind only bigger and there was a tiny dent on the side.  They offered a huge discount and the dent would be on the side that was up against the wall so we took it.  This thing is huge.  Our old one was 8.8 cubic feet and this one is 20.5.  He called his dad to help him get it in the house because there was no way he could do it himself.  The two of them got it in and then we put all our food in it.  This one is close to three times bigger than the one we had so right now it is pretty empty.  As annoying as this debacle was it happened at the right time.  Except for the weather of course.  We got a nice deal on a huge freezer and it happened before Jason left.  If that would have happened when he was gone, we would have lost all that food!  Now we have a brand new freezer with lots of room in it.  The next time I go shopping I plan on buying lots of meat.  Haha

The next day was the Super Bowl.  I really wanted to have a little football party.  I am feeling great and trying to find any excuse to have people over.  I had so many ideas on food and snacks too.  I was going to ask Jason’s cousins to come over and maybe a few friends.  Since Jason was leaving to Florida it didn’t make sense to do anything.  I was bummed about it and figured I would figure out something to do.  I was going to go with a friend to her sister’s house, but decided to stay home.  Sounds a little pathetic, but it did work out.  I watched the game with Erika.  She was in NYC at the time, but that is what computers are for.  We watched it together via Skype!

 The Super Bowl itself… OMG talk about a disappointment!  They were both good teams so I was expecting a good game.  I was rooting for the Denver Broncos.  I knew it wouldn’t be an easy win and I was really looking forward to a close game.  That definitely was not the case.  It seems like the Seahawks learned Manning’s hand signals or something because they knew exactly what he was going to do.  You would think they would catch on to that and use it to their advantage.  Use the signals to confuse the other team into thinking you are going to do that and then do something else.  What do I know though?  I don’t play football.  As boring and pointless as the game was I ended up enjoying my time.  There is never a dull moment when hanging out with Erika.  Even if it is via Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment