Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Let it Snow

Today there is a blizzard outside.  It is the blizzard of 2014.  My title by no means expresses my feelings about the snow.  I hate the snow and the cold.  It works because I am inside and not going anywhere.  As long as I don’t lose my electricity because of it, let it snow. Lol  The picture is from a video Jason did of water turning to snow in the subzero temperatures.  It is -5 degrees, -30 with the wind chill.   I took a snap shot of all the snow blowing up into his face.  If you want to see the whole video you can check it out here.

Here is a picture we took earlier in the day.  This is how much snow we got over night.  The snowfall seems to have stopped now, but from the video you can see it is still blowing and really windy.  There is a ban on unnecessary travel.  Not that I would go out in this kind of cold if there wasn't.  I am staying in the house and working on a few projects I have started.  I am starting to go through things, organize and complete unfinished projects.  We got a new microwave so I decided to move everything around on the counters.  While I was doing that I was going through cupboards getting rid of stuff and doing a little spring cleaning.  I know it is early, but who wants to do the whole house when it is beautiful outside.  Now I am going through all my pictures I have and tagging people in them.  Luckily I have kept them pretty organized so it won't be too difficult. I am tired of not being able to find things because I didn't label them. lol  This weather is a perfect excuse to work on stuff like that.

This week has not been a very good one for us.  On New Year’s Eve I couldn’t give Jason a New Year’s kiss because he felt like he was coming down with something.  He has been doing a lot of traveling and planes are full of people who are full of germs.  Especially this time of year.  He was right about coming down with something because by the next morning he was sick.  I am now sleeping in the spare bedroom because I did not want to get whatever he had.  My spirometry was back up to 320 with incentive spirometry at 2000.  Well Wednesday I woke up with a sore throat and my voice was very hoarse.  I had to run to Accelcare to get a throat swab.  Everything came back negative so the good news is no flu.  The bad news is who knows what I have.  My spirometry is back down to 280 and I am coughing a little.  Right when I was starting to get better from the Pseudomonas I have to get something else.  On a good note he is feeling better.  You can see that by him standing outside in this weather to do the video.  Oy…  Hopefully it’s something I can kick fast too.  I have a doctor’s appointment with my primary doctor on the thirteenth and I want to be able to get my flu shot.  I know I can’t get it if I am sick.

On Friday I had a dentist appointment.  Everything went good there.  I just wanted to mention it because I had to call about getting an antibiotic.  I have to take an antibiotic before I get any dental work done.  This includes cleanings.  I was given Amoxicillin and I was told to take four 500 mg tablets one hour before I went in.  That is all I have to do if I am going in just once.  If I have a cavity or other dental work is needed I have to continue with it.  My teeth look great so just the cleaning was all that was needed.

A couple things I wanted to mention about my transplant progress.  I have been able to sleep on my stomach the past couple nights.  It is fine if I lay a certain way.  I can put more pressure on it before it hurts and the itch like feelings have been less and less.  I have also started this thing that my PT told me to do.  I am rubbing the scar up and down to prevent it from puckering.  She was telling me the fibers can get tight while healing and this should help.  It is funny because between the rubbing for the itches and now the scarring; if someone were to walk in the room they might think I was playing with my boobs.  Haha  Also as of yesterday I am able to eat most raw fruits and vegetables!  I really missed this.  The biggest thing for me was my tomatoes.  I had to cook my tomatoes before I could put them on my tacos and it wasn’t the same.  You would be surprised how many things actually have raw fruits and veggies in them.  I would think about eating something and realize I couldn't have something on it.  I wasn't going to risk it even though I felt limited.  I knew I would get them all back eventually.  I had to be patient.  The only thing I still have a restriction on is leafy greens and berries.  Both of these are highly susceptible to bacteria and/or mold.  I wasn’t too upset when my doctor told me that at my last visit.  I am too overjoyed about getting back my tomatoes!  Tonight we had tacos.  Good thing I went grocery shopping Tuesday.  I wouldn't have been able to go out and get tomatoes in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment