Saturday, December 28, 2013

Holly Jolly Christmas

Christmas was wonderful.  I got to see lots of family and eat lots of food.  What more can you ask for?  We technically didn’t do anything special this year.  We did the same things we always use to do.  I wasn’t able to do them last year so it was super special to me.  We spent Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas with Jay’s.

On Christmas Eve we went over to my Great Grandma’s house for dinner.  We ate and opened our cards at her house.  The picture is of me and her (Grandma in the background lol).  I went over to her and asked her if she would take a picture with me.  She lit right up when I asked her.  Afterward’s we went over to my Grandma and Papa’s house.  They live across the street from my great grandma so it is easy enough.  Haha  There we opened presents.  After presents a few of us played Cranium Pop 5.  That game is a fun party game. You break the party into two groups.  A person gets a card and they have to get their team to guess their word.  There are five ways to get them to guess.  Either by humming a song, acting out, drawing, molding with play-doh or rolling letter dice and only able to give clues using those letters.  The opposite team sets up the order of those five methods from easiest to hardest.  The person then picks which way they want to get their team to guess.  The harder they choose the more points they get.  It was Gram and I against Jason and Bobby.  It was a close game but Grandma and I ended up winning.

On Christmas we stopped at my dad’s house to see that side of my family.  After that we headed over to Jason’s Grandma’s. We had dinner and stayed there for awhile playing games.  We played a lot of different board games.  Our final game was Pop 5.  Haha  My team almost won.  His Aunt Nancie got enough points on the last round and Jason’s team ended up winning.  She seems to win an awful lot.

The day after Christmas I got up after PT and went to Target to get some deals.  It was so exciting to be able to go to Target by myself and look at the Christmas deals.  I have been doing a lot of shopping on my own and every time I take a minute to think about it I get all excited again.  It is so freeing to be able to jump in my car and go. Having the energy and the feeling of independence will never get old to me.

While shopping, I got some wrapping paper, lights and I found a couple gifts for my grandma’s birthday coming up at the end of January.  After that Jay and I went to Best Buy with his mom and Uncle.  She is upgrading to a smart phone because she wants to start texting and do things on the internet.  She is not too sure if she will be able to figure it out so she asked me and Jason to give her a few lessons.  We went into Best Buy and OMG!  I thought stores pre-Christmas were bad, this was worse.  Best Buy was packed and it seemed like everyone wanted to get a new cell phone.  After a couple hours we were finally out of there.  We went to Red Lobster for some dinner and while there I showed her some basics of the phone.  She has a lot to learn, but I think she will get it eventually.  The next time we go down to visit with family I will show her more. I didn’t want to overwhelm her all at once.  I am not sure when we will have time to get down because there always seems to be stuff going on.  Things have really been busy and crazy, but I love this non-stop pace.  It is not getting old at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment