Friday, January 10, 2014

I Can See Clearly Now

Yesterday I took Jason to the doctor to get lasik eye surgery.  He has been talking about getting this done for a few years now.  His eyes are due for a new script so instead of doing that he decided to get it done now.  For the last few days I have been putting drops in his eyes to prepare.  The surgery took about a half hour.  It was really cool because I was able to watch the whole thing from behind a glass.  They use a camera and put what the doctor is seeing up on the screen. 

When he was all done he could see, but not well at all.  The doctor said to go straight home and take a nap. It might be a couple hours or it might be for the rest of the night.  I was told not to wake him at all.  He should get up on his own terms.  When he wakes up his vision will be like new.  I took him right home and then went to the pharmacy to get him some artificial tears.  We were told to start adding those when he wakes up.  When I got back home he was already sleeping upstairs and I didn’t see him for the rest of the night.

This morning he told me that what she said back at the office is true.  He couldn’t believe how well he could see.  I had to take him back to the doctor’s to get his eyes checked.  Everything is good so far and his vision is at 20/20.  He said overall his eyes are feeling pretty good.  The only thing that is bothersome to him is the feeling like something is in there.  He can’t touch them though and that is what I am worried about.  I can’t stand any kind of discomfort when it comes to my eyes.  I want to get it done I am a little nervous though.  I talked to the doctor about it.  When reading over Jason’s paperwork it said that if you take anti-rejection medication you can’t have this done.  He told me that wasn’t necessarily true and I might still be a good candidate.  I just had my eyes checked and it is a lot of money that I don’t have right now.  I am going to think on it for a little while and when it is time to get a new script I think I might go and get it done.  We will see.  I have more than a year until I have to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment