Thursday, July 5, 2012

Proud to be an American

Hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July!  I personally did.  I surprisingly had a very good day yesterday.  I knew it was going to be a hot day so we came down to visit family and enjoy picnics and the fireworks.  We came very prepared.  I brought along my portable liquid oxygen and attached it to my electric wheelchair.  I also brought along my POC as a back up just in case I ran out of O2.  Luckily I ended up not needing any of it.  I got a fever half way through the day, but after I took some Motrin I felt alright.  I was comfortable for most of the day and was able to breathe.  I couldn't walk more than a couple feet without getting winded, but as long as I was in the chair I was fine.  That made for a good day and I am thankful for that.  Definitely happy I was able to enjoy the day with family.

Today I think I am paying for it a little.  I am really tired and I got a fever pretty early in the day.  I am just going to take it easy today so I have the energy to do the radio show tomorrow.  I am a little nervous and excited at the same time.  I am going in there with my mom and we are going to talk about CF.  I have the point of view of having the disease, while she has the point of view as the parent.  I am thinking it will be informative and bring awareness to the disease.  Hoping I don't stutter over my words or cough too badly during it.

As for the benefit, things are coming along very nicely.  We recently got all the tickets and flyers printed so my mom has been going around to businesses for donations.  Places have been so generous and we are getting a bunch of different things for the basket raffle.  After my next hospitalization I am going to go to my mom's and help her and grandma start to put the baskets together.  We have started to sell tickets also.  I thought it might be early to start doing all this since it's not until Sept 22, but once mom told me the businesses were putting the flyers in their windows, we figured we should start selling.  If you are interested in getting any tickets, send me an email using the contact button on the home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment