Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Drowning on Dry Land

I am not doing good heath wise today.  I started getting fevers a few days ago so I called for an oral antibiotic to try and help with it.  Also I started my nebulized Tobi yesterday.  I take that 28 days on and then 28 days off.  When I start that it really takes a toll on me, especially if I am already having a hard time.  Today is pretty bad though.  I am on oxygen and it still hurts just to breathe.  My Albuterol is not helping me either.  I can normally take a puff or two of that and feel a little better.  Today it is not doing anything for me.

I had Physical therapy and volunteering at Roswell today and only made it to PT.  I probably should not have even tried to go there.  I coughed through the whole thing and just couldn't get comfortable.  I was going to try volunteering after, but I was so miserable I decided I had better go home.  The drive home seemed long. When I cough really hard I see dots in front of my eyes.  Then they start to tear. That was not cool while I was driving.  I think I am going to stay away from operating heavy machinery when I am this sick.  I know as I continue to wait for the call I am going to get sicker. This really upsets me because I like to be independent and hate asking for help (which I have been doing a lot of lately).  I just keep telling myself.... "There is light at the end of the tunnel", and "I will eventually feel better".  I keep a list of all the things in my head that I soon won't have to deal with anymore and the things I will gain.  It definitely helps on days like this when I just want to fall asleep until the whole thing is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment