Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas All

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.  I was able to enjoy most of Christmas and the few weeks before hand.   It was a good time to go into the hospital and still be able to get out and enjoy the season.  My health did limit what I was able to do this year, but I did whatever my body would let me.  I took things easy and for the most part it was nice.

I got out of the hospital on the 7th and did IV's at home for a week.  Doing IV's at home gave me one more week to be home and enjoy the season a little more.  I wanted some time to do
things to prepare.  I was able to do some shopping, decorating and cookie baking.  I wasn’t able to go down and do cookies with my mom.   Jason and I did most of the stuff together.  I got some extra help from my aide Gillian too.   She helped me with some Christmas decorating and making a few cookies.

I have felt pretty good these last few days.  I still do.  I get winded easily have nasty coughing attacks, but I have some energy and am able to actually do things.  That is something I haven't had for awhile.  I have to be careful with how much I do and make sure I take lots of breaks.  I have gone out more these last two weeks than I have in the last couple months.  I was able to go shopping on four different occasions, go out to eat with Jason, get my hair cut, go see a movie at the theaters, and visit family.  Now granted these weren't long outings, but I was just happy to get out.  I only had one occasion where I over did it.  This is when I went to the mall with Kelly.  I was fine for a couple of hours, but got very tired quickly.  By the time we got home I was struggling to catch my breath and I was exhausted.  The breathing was a combination of being tired and the horrible wind outside. When I got home it took increased oxygen and some treatments to catch my breath.  We then watched a movie and I went to bed.  I slept for a long time that night and relaxed the next day.

I really think the increase in energy has to do with the meds I got this last time.  The IV's I was on were Tobi and Zosyn. This combination seems to be the one that makes me feel the best.  Zosyn is one of the more frequent IV’s (four times a day).  It is harder to go, but worth it.  I am going to be asking for this until it doesn't work anymore...

On Christmas Eve Jay and I went to my great grandma's house for dinner.  We then went across the street to my grandma's house and opened presents.  We stayed for a while after and Jason hooked up the wireless router my mom got my grandma. My grandma is now wireless.  lol  She was pretty excited when we told her she can go all over the house with her laptop now.  Christmas day I stayed home while Jason went to his family's house.  I wanted to go, but I was too tired from the day before and I didn't want to overdo it.  I am happy I did because Jason left at 9:00 and I ended up sleeping till 1:00!  I guess my body was tired.  I have to listen to my body.  If I overdo it and get sick, I am down till my next hospital stay.  Jay came back after a few hours and we had people come over here.  We had an open invite for anyone to come and visit.  It was nice and relaxing.  It is much easier to have people over to see me than me to go see them.  No matter how I feel if someone calls and wants to come over 95% of the time I am up for it.  I love company and having something different to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment