Friday, December 30, 2011

Holiday

Well these last few weeks have definitely been busy. It seems like we all go crazy for a month getting ready for Christmas and then it is all over in just a few hours.  I guess that is part of the fun.  I was really excited for Black Friday because Jason and I were trying something new and I am always up for a little adventure; but besides that I didn't get into it much.  Two weeks before Christmas we went out and cut down our own tree.  Another thing that was new for us, but it took us until December 23 to get the motivation to decorate it.  This is not normal for me at all because I love this time of year.  All the lights, and the music....(Christmas music on the radio was annoying me, they start way too early)  I know some of the issue was because I just didn't have the energy for a lot of it, but I am not sure if that was the whole problem or not.  It kind of makes me sad.

This month has definitely been a tough one health wise.  I went into the hospital at the beginning of the month with PFTs at 22.  Every time I go in it takes longer and longer for the fevers to subside and for me to be able to get off the oxygen. Thankfully I only had to stay for a week though and was able to finish the antibiotics at home for another week.  It did bring my PFT’s back up to 29, but that is still so low.  I mentioned in my last post about passing out right after my shower.  This really makes me nervous.  I am declining fast.

Today was a decent day.  I am coughing a bit, but I am not going to call in for an oral antibiotic because I am planning on going into the hospital sometime soon.  I am thinking the 15th.  Jason and I are going to Washington D.C. for CPAC on February 8th so I want to be healthy enough to fly and enjoy myself. :)  I am looking forward to it. It is a big convention of republicans.  Jason really wanted to go this year because it is an election year.  The convention will be interesting and then we of course will do some sightseeing in D.C.  I have been there once before and we did some of the things, but there are some things I have not seen.  So I am looking forward to getting away for a few days.  I have the hospital stay planned and my portable oxygen concentrator (POC) ordered for the trip.  I have an oxygen concentrator at home, but it is huge and can't be used on the plane.  I also have a few oxygen tanks, but again those can't be taken on the plane either.  Only certain POCs can be taken on planes.  I need oxygen when I am on the plane and I need it at night regardless of how I am feeling so right now it is a necessity.  Having lung problems I can't travel light, but we try not to let that get in the way.  I want to continue to go places as long as I can.  Then after the transplant and I am healed and cleared to do what I want.....I plan on doing even more vacations!

No comments:

Post a Comment